Monday, April 6, 2009

Vacation for Everyone!

Okay, cleaned up the spill and am ready to vent. Why is it that 99% of the time when I have to wake up the kids for school they take their sweet time and dill dally?It usually ends up with me yelling at them to hussle. We all end up in a mood for the day. Then the teacher says, "Have a great vacation!", and we all say yeah! They are thinking: non-stop cartoon watching, endless time to play video games, lots of time outside, and no homework. I'm thinking: don't have to wake them up "early", don't have to drive 8 times back and forth to school, don't have to go to the endless activities we signed up for, and no homework. Yeah for VACATION! Why in the heck do they think it's okay to voluntarily get up before 7a.m. and make breakfast in bed for themselves, and worse wake me up before I have to (when Madi gets up)? They are up, dressed, and fed before 7a.m., and all without my help. Why do they toy with me? I think I might just drop them off at school and see what happens, after all it's my vacation too, right?
Does anyone have velcro in large quantities? So, I go to clean up their breakfast making efforts and Brayden takes some child size scissors out of the drawer. He comes up to me and says, "Madi needed a haircut". Busy cleaning and not really paying that much attention (maybe due to the lack of sleep),I said that I know her hair is kind of fluffy and resembles a seeded dandelion, but that it will grow. Then I play back what he said in my mind, NEEDED a haircut. Holy cow! He gave her a trim. At least he told me right? I just found a little clump of hair. It could've been alot worse. So it is 8:50 a.m. and only 8 more days of vacation left...help me...please....anyone there?!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

That is a really funny story. My kids always get up early so I feel your pain. I don't understand why they need a whole week off for Easter, maybe it is to prepare us for summer. Good luck the rest of the week.

Erika said...

I'm here! I'm here!

Just be glad no one's throwing up... (knock on wood, it's already happening at our house!)

Susan said...

Melody,
What a great surprise! I loved hearing from you and YES-of course I remember you. My years in Lambda Delta Sigma are a precious memory to me.
Your family is beautiful. You all look very happy. As far as your present post – been there, done that. I had three babies in four years. Hang on and enjoy the ride. The country song, ‘You’re Going to Miss This’ hits the nail right on the head. Give it a listen, take a deep breath then call a girlfriend and take all the kids to the park.
Love to you and yours,
Susan


Logan....I mean Wolverine.

Our Kalyn-Hannah Montana.

Arghh...Captain Brayden.

Madisen the Ballerina.

Ally, Brayden, and Kalyn waiting in line for a game at the carnival.

The McCauley, Haworth, and O'Connor kids.

Seeing ddoouubbllee? Look at all those muscles!

Melissa and Madi.

Trunk or Treating 2008

This year our ward had a carnival and the trunk or treating for the kids. My sister Melissa and her daughter Ally came with us. They all had a good time. They got lots of candy, and that IS the most important thing you know.